Admins and users can configure where to receive incoming calls during or after active user hours in the BT Cloud Work portal.
Configuring call forwarding settings
- Log in to your BT Cloud Work portal
- Follow the navigation path below depending on your access profile:
- Admins: On the Quick Access page in the Admin portal, navigate to Users > Manage Users, select the extension to configure, then click Call Forwarding and Voicemail
- Users: Navigate to Settings > Call Forwarding and Voicemail
- Under Work Hours, set how you'd like to answer calls during work hours for Incoming calls. Choose the ring order.
- Ring in order: Rings the call forwarding numbers in preferred order. To arrange the numbers’ order, click and hold the drag icon, then move it to your preferred order location.
- Ring all at once: Rings all of the enabled call forwarding numbers at the same time. There may be some delays in ringing devices, such as mobile phones, due to the different carrier networks.
- NOTE: You can add up to 10 phones to your forward when your ringing sequence is set to sequential or simultaneous.
- By default, the desktop and mobile apps option is enabled and is set to ring first before your other forwarding numbers. You can toggle the slider to disable it, or drag and drop Desktop & Mobile apps to change the order.
- Choose where you want calls to be forwarded. You can choose one or more of the following:
- Set the number of rings for each phone and/or forwarding number on the list. One ring is equal to about 5 seconds.
- Set how you'd like your missed calls to be handled during work hours under Missed calls. Choose from the dropdown menu.
- Send to voicemail: Send callers to voicemail. Set the voicemail greeting and choose the voicemail box of the current extension or a different extension.
- Play message and disconnect: Play an Unavailable Greeting to the caller. You can use the default unavailable greeting or record a custom unavailable greeting.
- Forward to extension: Forward the call to the selected extension.
- Forward to external number: Forward the call to the specified phone number.
- Click Save.
Call forwarding devices
Calls forwarded to the user extension can be answered from different devices.
Desktop and mobile apps
You can answer forwarded calls using the BT Cloud Work desktop or mobile app if you have them installed and are logged in.
- Enable Desktop & Mobile apps
- Click Save
If your phone system administrator ordered a desk phone for you, you have the option to receive incoming calls to your desk phone.
Click the toggle switch to enable your deskphone.
You can add up to 10 forwarding numbers for each extension assigned to you and set calls to ring sequentially or simultaneously.
- Select additional devices (if any) you would like to ring when you receive an incoming call to your business number.
- If you need to add more numbers, click Add number or co-worker.
- Choose whether you’re adding a Number or a Coworker.
- Enter the phone number and a corresponding custom label for it on the space provided.
NOTE: You can also forward your calls to special numbers (116-xxx) by clicking the drop-down menu under Missed Calls, then select Forward to external number.
Issue when the BT Cloud Work app is added as a coworker call forwarding phone
The BT Cloud Work app (desktop/mobile/web) and web integrations can be set as forwarding numbers but will not ring. For example, User A wants to ring their coworker User B, who uses the BT Cloud Work app, while they are on vacation. Another example is a department with a front desk extension that should ring the other users in the department.
Desk phones and BT Cloud Work Phone desktop and mobile apps register using a static ID that allows ringing those devices when configured as a coworker phone. However, the BT Cloud Work app currently registers using a dynamic ID that doesn’t support this use case.
If you have virtual extension configurations that upgraded from BT Cloud Work Phone app to BT Cloud Work app, you may likely report that your call forwarding has stopped working.
Recommendations when BT Cloud Work app doesn’t ring when added as a coworker call forwarding phone
These are the likely scenarios where you need the ability to ring a coworker who uses the BT Cloud Work app.
Virtual extension configured to ring one or more BT Cloud Work app users
Create a Call Queue on the Portal | BT Cloud Work and Setting up Call Queue Custom Answering Rules in the BT Cloud Work Portal
Admins should add users who are offered the call first as call queue agents, while secondary users are added as call queue pickup members.
Set the pickup alert timer based on the desired call notification delay between agents and pickup members.
BT Cloud Work app User A needs to forward unanswered calls to BT Cloud Work app User B instead of sending the call to voicemail for User A.
Set Up a Call Pickup Group | BT Cloud Work
Admins should add users who need to answer each other’s calls to a group call pickup. Set the pickup timer alert based on the desired call notification delay between the original called user and pickup members.