Park Locations allow a specific group of people to park a call in a private location that only specific individuals can pick up. To be able to do this, they must be added as authorised members of a specific Park Location Group in the BT Cloud Work Portal.
CEO's assistant answers a call on behalf of CEO, who is on another call. Assistant parks the call on a specified Park Location. CEO can then pick up the call on his phone.
In this scenario, the CEO must allow the Assistant to answer calls on his behalf by setting up Presence Permissions. The Assistant must set up his Presence Appearance to show the CEO's Presence status on his phone. When he picks up a call, he can then transfer the call to a specific Park Location.
NOTE: Up to 100 Park Location Groups can be added via the BT Cloud Work Portal.
Setting up a Park Location
Setting up Presence on the BT Cloud Phone Account
Parking a Call
Retrieving a Parked Call
Park Locations Frequently Asked Questions
1. Log in as an Administrator on your BT Cloud Work Portal.
2. Go to Phone System > Groups.
3. On the Park locations tab, click the New park location button.
4. Specify the Group name and Extension number then click Save.
5. Click Yes to proceed adding Users to the Park location Group.
6. Click Users of this park location.
7. Select the Users you want to add to the list. Tick the box next to the Users you want to add then click Save.
8. Click OK.
The next step is to set up Presence Appearance for the Users of this Group.
Park an active call by pressing the soft key for the Park location extension on your desk phone.
On an authorised phone, press the soft key to pick up the parked call on the Park location 1 extension.