To set up or configure custom answering rule(s) for a call queue, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your BT Cloud Work portal
- In the Home tab, navigate to Manage Groups under Groups. You can also go to Phone system > Groups > Call queues
- Select the call queue that needs to be configured
- Click Call Handling & Members
- Click Custom Rules > Add rule
- Enter a name for the rule, then click Next
- Define the conditions when the custom call handling rule will apply
- Define the call handling action when the conditions you set have been met
- Click Save
Define call conditions
- Caller ID - Applies the call handling rule based on the caller ID displayed from the calling party. You can enter multiple phone numbers, partial numbers such as a country code plus area code, or a contact name if the person is added to your contacts. To set up, enter the number or contact name on the space provided, then click Add.
- Called Number - Applies the call handling rule based on the phone number called by the calling party. To set up, click Select Number, and choose from the phone numbers on the list.
- Date and/or Time - Applies the call handling rule based on the time and day of the week, or on a specific date range. You have two options:
- Weekly Schedule - Enable the toggle switch for the specific day of the week, and then define the time range. You can click the Copy to Weekdays drop-down menu to quickly apply the schedule to either weekdays or for the entire week, including weekends.
- Specific Date Range - Click the From and To fields, and then choose the date and time range.
Define call handling actions
- Transfer Call to Call Queue Members - Distributes the call among your call queue members following the rules you've already established for this call queue. You can configure three settings for this action:
- Greeting & Hold Music - Configure the different audios that the caller will hear at different points (e.g., upon reaching the call queue, when the call is placed on hold, etc...)
- Call Handling & Members - Configure the call queue members who will answer the call, the method in which the calls will be transferred to the members, and the settings while callers wait for a member to answer
- Messages - Configure the voicemail greeting and the extension which will receive the voicemail message
- Take Messages Only - Plays the default or a custom voicemail greeting then routes the caller to voicemail
- Play Announcement Only - Plays a greeting announcement then disconnects the call
- Forwarded caller to external number - Forwards the call directly to the specified phone number while ignoring any other greeting settings
- Send caller to Extension - Sends the caller to an extension of your choice