The Phones & devices
section under Phone system
is where you can review your phone and device inventory. This is where you can check the details of any device that is associated with your BT Cloud Phone account, and see which phones are already assigned and which are available to give to new Users. You can also buy more phones here if you need to.
This article is intended for Users with Administrator access, for managing the Phones & devices
assigned to all the Users in the account.
1. Log in to your BT Cloud Phone Portal.
2. On the Admin portal page, click Phones & devices
under Phone system
You can do the following on the Phones & devices
Change the type of device assigned to a User
1. Under User phones tab, select the device that needs to be changed.
2. Click Change phone.
3. Choose what type of phone you want to replace the current device with.
• Order a new phone from BT Cloud Phone - Select this option if you want to order a new phone.
• Existing BT Cloud Phone phone - Select this option if you already have a desktop IP phone that was purchased from BT Cloud Phone but is not currently in use. You can also choose a desktop IP phone that it is currently assigned to another User.
Order a new phone from BT Cloud Phone
1. Click Order a new phone from BT Cloud Phone, and then click Next.
2. Select a device. You can select between Recently bought and Desktop phones. Click on your selected phone, and then click Add to cart.
3. You can more add phones by repeating the step above or click the trash bin icon if you want to remove a phone. Click Next to proceed.
4. Give the device a Phone nickname. The Phone Nickname is a unique name to make it easily recognisable when managing your BT Cloud Phone system. Otherwise, click Next.
5. Select emergency address. Selecting an emergency address from the drop-down will auto-populate the Customer name field. You can still customise it before clicking Next.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you update this address whenever you change location. See BT Cloud Phone: Updating a User's Emergency Address to learn how to update your emergency address.
You can also click on New to add a new emergency address. Emergency responders will use this address in case of an emergency call to 999/112. Tick the box, and then click I accept to confirm.
6. Select your Delivery address and Delivery option. The Dispatch attention to field will auto-populate when you select a Delivery address. You may still customise it before clicking Next.
7. Review and confirm your order. Tick the Acknowledgement box, and then click Next.
8. Click Print if you want to save a copy of the order for your reference. Otherwise, click Done.
9. Click Close when you see an alert window.
Existing BT Cloud Phone phone
1. Click Existing BT Cloud Phone phone, and then click Next.
2. Select the phone that you want to change with, and then click Next.
3. Click Swap to confirm.
4. Click OK.
Assign a device from one User to another
1. Under User phones tab, select the device that needs to be changed.
2. Under Assigned to, click Edit user.
3. Select the User where the device will be assigned. Click Save when done.
4. Click Save on the Attention window.
Set up and Assign an Unassigned Phone to a User
An Unassigned Pho
ne is a device in your account which is not active. BT Cloud Phone allows you to add or order phones in advance or keep existing phones until they need to be re-assigned to active Users in the future. Unassigned phones do not have a monthly service cost until they are associated with a BT Cloud Phone Licence
. In other words, an unassigned phone is a reserve phone in your account's stock pile.
An Unassigned Phone can be a Purchased Device or an Existing Phone in your account. To add an Unassigned Phone to your BT Cloud Phone account, see Adding an Unassigned Phone to your BT Cloud Phone Account
. To set up and assign and Unassigned Phone to a User, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Unassigned
tab and select the phone that you wish to assign to a User.NOTE:
You may select Assign to
or Set up and Assign
. Assign to
is for phones with a phone number already assigned and will let you assign the phone to a User. Setup and Assign
is an option to add a licence to the device, and assign the phone to a User.
2. Click Set up & Assign
. Alternatively, you can also click Set up & Assign
when you hover on the
selected phone that you wish to assign to a User under the Unassigned
3. Tick the box beside the User who will be using the phone. You may type in the search bar to easily locate the User.
4. Provide a Phone nickname
, and then click Next
. Providing a Phone nickname for your phone lets you easily identify what this device is used for.
5. Assign a number to the Phone. You may assign an Existing number
or a New number
. Select the Area code
, and then tick the checkbox of the device. Click Assign to selected
6. Click Next
7. Select the Emergency Address for the Phone. You may select from the list if you have previously saved the address where you will use the Phone. Selecting an emergency address from the drop-down will auto-populate the Customer name
field. You can still customise it before clicking Next
. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you update this address whenever you change location. See BT Cloud Phone: Updating a User's Emergency Address to learn how to update your emergency address.
8. Select your Delivery address
. You may select from the list if you have previously saved the address. The Dispatch attention to
field will auto-populate when you select a Delivery address. You may still customise it before clicking Next
9. On the Confirmation window, read the charges and adjustments for the transaction. Tick the box beside I acknowledge that I have read the above information and accept the charges
to confirm and proceed.
10. The transaction summary is now displayed, take note of the order reference number. You may click Print
to print a copy of the order submission or click Done
to conclude the process.
Change the Phone Nickname or Label for a device
The Nickname is also known as a Label, for BT Cloud Phone Users to quickly identify how a device is used.
1. Select the device that you wish to edit.
2. Each device in the system has two (2) Unique Identifiers: Phone Name and Serial Number / PC Name. Give this device a descriptive nickname so you can quickly identify who has this device and how it's used.
3. Scroll down and click Save.
Change the Bandwidth settings for improving the phone's call quality
1. Select the device that you wish to configure.
2 .Scroll down to Bandwidth settings and set how much network bandwidth to use for calls.
• High Bandwidth gives you better sound quality but calls can become choppy when it's not available.
• Low Bandwidth gives you lower sound quality but ensures no interruptions during your conversations.
3. Scroll down and click Save. You must reboot your device for the changes to apply.
Set up the Emergency address of a device assigned to a User
1, Click on the device that you wish to set up.
2. Scroll down to Emergency address
and click Edit address
. Emergency responders will be sent to this address when you call 999/112 for help.
3. Enter the physical location
where you will be using the phone. Tick the checkbox below to acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions. Click I Accept
.IMPORTANT: Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use the phone. See BT Cloud Phone: Updating a User's Emergency Address to learn how to update your emergency address.
4. Scroll down and click Save
Check the status of the phone assigned to a User
1. Click on the device that you wish to check.
2. The phone's Status can be found at the top.NOTE:
The device can either show as Online
If the phone is Offline
, it means that the phone may not be connected or the phone is not registered with BT Cloud Phone's server. Make sure that your phone is set up and assigned
If the phone is Online
, it means that the phone is registered and connected with BT Cloud Phone's server.