BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
The BT Cloud Phone Desktop App is an app that turns your computer into a communications hub with phone, fax, company messaging, and conferencing from your desktop.
How to install BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
To install BT Cloud Phone Desktop App in Windows and Mac, follow the instructions in the links below:
Desktop app - Install on Windows
Desktop app - Install on Mac
• Comprehensive Desktop Communications with Easy-to-Use Interface
Make and receive calls and faxes, and host a conference from an app on your computer. It provides easy access to view messages, find contacts, manage calls, and change settings.
• Integrated with Company Directory
Reach your colleagues for a quick chat or call, with just a few clicks of the mouse. With real-time Phone Presence status among colleagues, you will avoid playing telephone tag or forwarding to a busy extension.
• Text a Contact or a Group Within Your Organisation
Easily send a text message to a contact in your company directory. It allows you to set and select a preferred Caller ID for your text message.
• Audio Conferencing
With Audio Conferencing, you can start a conference with a click of the mouse, send out a conference invitation to other Users within the company via text, or email directly without the need to copy and paste the dial-in numbers and access codes. You can also easily add international dial-in numbers in your invitation. It also allows you to add callers anytime during a conference.
• Change DND and Presence status via the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop icon
Easily switch your DND and Presence status, such as Available, Busy, Do not disturb, or Invisible without opening the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop. The status can be updated right from the Windows system tray or Mac OS X's dock.
NOTE: You must be signed in to your BT Cloud Phone for Desktop to switch your DnD and Presence status.
See Call Queue - Set a User's Do-Not-Disturb and Availability for more information.
• Windows 10 Notification Support
Ability to view notifications in Windows 10 UI style. Click the Notifications icon on the system tray to view.
NOTE: Show notifications in action center must be enabled in your Windows 10 computer to view notifications from BT Cloud Phone Desktop.
BT Cloud Phone Desktop App Settings
The General tab gives you the following options:
• Set as the Default Calling and Faxing Application in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App.
• Option to automatically launch the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop when your computer starts. When you turn on this option, you have the choice to select Run application minimised, to have the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop running in the background.
• Option to Enable or Disable Spell Check in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
• Keep the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop window on top of other windows when you turn on Keep app in foreground.
• Quickly access your BT Cloud Phone Portal by clicking the quick links for Portal.
• Customise Sound Settings in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
• Plantronics Integration in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
• BT Cloud Phone Desktop App Head-Up Display (HUD) Overview
• HD Voice for the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop
• Option to reduce/mute other sounds or pause players during a call
• Enable or Disable the notification sound for fax and text messages when sending and receiving messages.
• Option to Convert direct numbers to extensions when you try to send a text message to several recipients.
• Sending Fax Messages Using the BT Cloud Phone for Desktop
• Enable or Disable the option to Automatically print incoming faxes. When enabled this option, you have the choice to select Printers.
Synchronising Outlook and Google Contacts with the BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
Join Now Feature Overview in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
Global Hotkeys in BT Cloud Phone Desktop App
Manual Reconnect - If your BT Cloud Phone for Desktop is in on Offline, Calls Only, or Calling unavailable mode, you may not be able to use it properly. When this happens, you may manually reconnect your BT Cloud Phone for Desktop. Click on the badge at the upper-right corner of the Desktop App, and then click Try now.
Other BT Cloud Phone for Desktop Topics